thinkblogging
Reviews on free blog toys, tools and services, and other yakkety yaks about blogging.


We have moved away. Please visit use at our new site.

BlogLines Has It All

Call me wols, but I just got round to using Bloglines a while ago. And I had a little fun with it. Unlike most domain names that have 'blog' in it, BlogLines is offering a service for real, that people USE. It's (I can't use basically) a RSS Feed Reader cum Blogging Platform cum Powerful Links Manager/Sharer. To me, that seems like quite alot it's offering already.

I particularly like way BlogLines handles the RSS Feed links for you. Simply because you can organise them into folders, and have them appear categorised on your blog. A while ago I tried Blogrolling.com, which didn't have support for multiple categories. So this is definitely a plus.

Bloglines offer a blog page for you too, thought I gather than most people who use that service, already have a blog of their own, and won't be using their blogging service. Thank you anyway.

The RSS feed reader performs as expected, but it's always good to have an online reader, to accompany you even when your laptop doesn't. Here's a screenshot of their administrative interface. I'm not a fan of frames, but it's not a big issue here.



I'm reviewing it primarily as a blog links manager, which I say, deserves a 5 star rating, for it's ease of sign up, installation, use, and management. Besides, it's under AskJeeves.com for sometime now. And you know what they say about big daddys and their kids. I'm using it now anyway.

It's free at Bloglines.com.

Tags: , , , , & .

beupdated

Subscribe to our mailing list. Be notified when it happens!

mostpopular

Free Blog Templates #2
Show Recent Comments With Blogger
Ready, Set .. Ping-Blog!
Free Wordpress Blog Hosts
Free Blog Templates
Track Your Visitors Geographically

olderentries

05/2005 - 06/2005
06/2005 - 07/2005
07/2005 - 08/2005
08/2005 - 09/2005
09/2005 - 10/2005
10/2005 - 11/2005
11/2005 - 12/2005
12/2005 - 01/2006
01/2006 - 02/2006
02/2006 - 03/2006

otherlinks

A sticker, for the blogger who thinks free stuff!





Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Subscribe in Bloglines


Contact Us

© 2005-2006. Think Blogging is part of A Network.